Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Coop

Guess what I did? I built a chicken coop (at least my version of a chicken coop for now)all by myself. Well, the kids did help a little with screwing in screws and drilling holes with my help. But Cody doesn't know yet, he has been out of town for work, so I decided to surprise him. I used the mitersaw, jigsaw and my drill. As soon as I can take a picture I will post it. It isn't fancy by any means, but the chickens haven't had a place to nest and the are losing tail feathers which is one sign of too much light among other things. Now they will have a place to go to lay their eggs and get out of the bad weather(we haven't had bad weather yet, but it will come). My next project will be a home for the rooster, if we don't eat him first! He crows at the darndest hours.

No comments: